Buying your new exercise machine can sometimes be a bit of headache, getting a machine that suits your body and weight, and doesn’t accommodate a lot of room. The Schwinn M717 Upright Exercise Bike is an excellent choice for a family or anyone in particular looking for a normal work out, its adjustable features enable people of different body types to work out on a single machine, and you don’t have to worry about space issues. The Schwinn M717 Upright Exercise is one of the latest models released by Schwinn in 2017 which comes at a price of No products found. dollars on Amazon, let’s see if it’s worth that much money and does justice to its price tag, it comes with incredible new features that we will go through in this review.
No products found.
Specifications and Details
- Assembled weight: 5 kg
- Supported weight: 136 kg
- Dimensions: 104L * 56W *147H cm
- Seat: 4 adjustments
- Handlebar: adjustable angle with pulse detector
- Pedals : Straps available
- Resistance : Motorized magnet, 25 level
- User interface: 29 programs, 4 user profiles, USB port and Bluetooth for charging and data exchange.
- AC input: 110-120V 60Hz
Construction and body frame
The Schwinn M717 carries a similar frame as its previous model from 2013 with exception of finishing color. The frame is made of steel tubing and has a dark grey finish; few parts of the bike are made up of PVC apparently. Its small size and footprints enable you to adjust it in a smaller space where heavy treadmill machines can’t fit. Rear base has an adjustable stabilizer which makes it extremely stable on any type of flooring with perfect levelling. The front base is equipped with wheels making it easier to relocate or move after workout. Overall this is a very durable machine with a strong metallic frame.
- Side covers of drive system.
- Caps of bikes bases.
- Small parts for safety and decorations.
Seat and handle
The Schwinn M717 comes with a 4 way adjustable seat having 14 upright holes almost 1 apart from each other enabling users between 5’0” to 6’5” to adjust accordingly making it ideal for different family members. The bike is rated for its heavy weight capacity of almost 300 lbs. (136 kg).
The saddle is similar to the one in the previous model MY16 130, it consists of contoured surface and think padding for comfort, with compatible options always available you can switch to another seat any time you want.
The handle is adjustable in 2 ways; the console is non-adjustable in terms of height although the angle can be adjusted via T-knob attached to it, the multi grip design and elbow rest are the real plus point because it makes it easier for you work out for longer period without getting tired, not many models come with these features. Its integrated metallic sensors monitor your heart beat and the console unit can track your pulse wirelessly with the HR chest strap sensor.
Magnetic resistance technology
The Schwinn M717 features a magnetic resistance technology which consists of a servo motor in pedals to assist magnetic brake system which enables you to adjust the overall resistance on the pedals, the bike requires to be connected to a 110 to 120 Volt power source, and AC adapter is included in box.
Reverse paddling is also available although there won’t be any resistance when paddling backward.
- Solid metallic frame with high-speed, high-inertia perimeter weighted fly wheels which give a stable workout platform.
- 25 levels of eddy current resistance for a variety of workout options
- Large comfortable changeable seats for comfortable workout experience
- 2 heart rate monitoring sensors through hand grips or chest strap
- Media shelf for phone/tablet or magazine and newspaper.
- USB port for charging and internal speakers with MP3 input to enhance workout experience
- 3 small moveable fans to keep your cool while working out
- Water bottle holder to keep your hydrated while exercising
- Two Dual track LCD system to monitor up to 13 different display inputs
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity for musical experience and downloading workout data
- Built in 29 workout programs including 4 fun rides, 4 mountain rides and 4 challenges and many more
- 2 fitness test programs to measure physical fitness and improve your physical fitness
- Recovery test to test your hearts recovery after a workout to normal state
- Up to 4 user profiles to store personal workout data and information
- Work out data including,
- Speed tracking
- Time taken to complete a work out
- Distance travelled
- Level of workout program
- Rem (Revolutions per minute)
- Calories burnt
- Heart Rate
- Intensity calculator
- Personal Goal
- Frame warranty: 10 years
- Parts warranty: 2 years
- Electronic parts: 1 year
- Labor warranty: 90 days
- Durable frame supports users up to 300 lbs. ( 136 kg)
- Compact design
- 4 ways adjustable padded seat for comfort
- Elbow rests available
- Adjustable handlebar
- 29 workout programs
- 25 levels of pedal resistance
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity for charging your phone or data travel
- Built in sound system to enhance work out experience
- Easy assembly
- Silent drive
- Adjustable pedal resistance
- Maintenance free
- Good Warranty
- Not a very effective cooling system
- Seat not exactly modelled for comfort
- Tricky user manual
- Not suitable for athletes looking for an intense workout
The Schwinn M717 170 is an upright exercise including a mechanized attractive resistance framework, its reassure has 29 exercise programs, likewise being Bluetooth empowered. Despite of the fact that it’s a bicycle intended for home utilize, its edge development is nearly as good as the commercials models. It’s well-worked with agreeable ergonomics and customization that empowers you to work out for longer without discomfort. Lastly, it offers a remarkable price/value ratio.
- Best Folding Exercise Bikes Review
- Best Kids Bikes Review
- Best Mountain Bikes Review
- The Top 5 Best 4-in-1 Trikes for Kids ‘9 Months to 5 Years’ Review
- Best Cardio Machines For Home Use Review